This page is WIP. I will update it as I feel like it. ~weirdsexy
The Podcaster is a team member who produces videos, which may contain voice-over commentaries, meant to gather and maintain public interest in the project.
These videos are generally uploaded to the project YouTube Channel.
Guidelines for Producing Release Commentaries
- Make a list of all features to be shown in the video
- Get list of resolved issues from issue tracker
- Don't forget to check recent blog posts for things that might not be explicitly mentioned on the issue tracker
- Doesn't hurt to ask on the forums as well
- Use your judgement to narrow the list down to things that should be shown in the video
- Write a script
- Capture video according to the script
- Turn off in-game music while recording, but keep other game sounds
- Record a voice track of the spoken parts of the script
- Don't be lazy. If you stumbled over a part, re-record it or rewrite the script to make that part easier to say
- Process your voice so it impresses people. Apply noise reduction, EQ, compression, etc., as necessary.
- Use video editing software to make the video
- Add in some music from Morrowind OST
- Make sure voice track can be clearly over in-game sounds and music at all times
- Render the video and upload to YouTube
- Set video information
- Title should follow the convention: OpenMW vX.XX.XX Commentary - Morrowind Engine Reimplementation
- Tags should at least include:
- Video should remain private if the official release has not yet occurred
- Post a link in the organisational thread for the release so other team members can make sure the video checks out